So this is what one who grows things for a living does when they visit some where new.
I remember this one time; we had gone to visit a friend on Nantucket, while on the drive home from the ferry to their house, both Jim and I, but especially Jim kept asking "what was that plant? Wow do they bloom like that all the time? Or is this just a special year? Question after question about the flora of the island. Our hostess said she had had many visitors over the years to the Island, but the first thing most people asked was NOT about the plants, trees and flowers.

2 comments:
I loved working with Jim getting the little flowers ready for the summer! He was so dedicated to those seedlings, like they were his babies. :)
Say hello to him for me!
Good to see Jim! I always think of him when my Mom makes kale soup. I need to get him that recipe along with some linguica...he would LOVE IT! My cousin has his own landscaping business on Nantucket and my uncle grows and sells hydrangeas on the island...so beautiful!
Post a Comment