26 April 2010
Taking It Back
With in these woods lies a sanctuary, well at least for me there is. I am weed by weed, twig by twig and poison ivy by poison ivy taking back the land that the brambles, weeds and bushes have silently crept forth and taken into their clutches. I see it so clearly: a stone bench, lily of the valley, astilbe, and hydrangeas completing my little place of stillness and quite. Jim thinks I'm insane and that it can't be done. I am determined, I will conquer.
Can you see it just beyond the bird house? That bird house which was only 5.00, so cute I just had to have it and Jim fussed and fumed about it all the way to the cashier. And don't you just love it when I got to the register she said it was fifty percent off. I walked out of there paying only 2.50 plus tax. Yes! He still fussed a little just because you know he has to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have always had a vision for any given space...if anyone can conquer it is you!! I was always amazed at how quickly and beautifully you could change around your furniture (and sometimes whole rooms) to create what you had envisioned for your haven--your home. You are gifted! Can't wait to see pics of your sanctuary when you are done. And, yes, the bird house really is so cute!
I love your blog, Laurie, and I love what you're planning to do with that little patch of wood behind your house. Don't let Jim deter you. Once it's finished, I'll bet we'll find him sitting back there having his quiet time!
Post a Comment