01 February 2013

Looking Ahead....

Looking ahead, Christmas is over, January is done, so, what do I have to look forward to?


Oh....how about cups of hot tea, rain pattering on the metal roof, dripping down the picture window, giving a distorted but an oh so soft look to the world out side, 




a good book, colored flair pens to write with, journaling, praising God for the beauty in a wet, chilly day, soup on the stove, and warm loose bulky sweaters. 


Or.... how about a beautiful new garden, no mistakes, no weeds, all blooming color coordinated flowers, with just a hint of order, tumbling masses of beauty. 

Or....how about the SUN the glorious SUN, the warmth, the peace, the happiness that comes from lying on a SUN soaked recliner, taking in the sounds of bees, lawn mowers, children playing and the wind.  The soothing wind giving refreshment to the skin as it is warmed and heated through from the SUN!
  

I am reading through Kisses for Katie, right now for book club.  I am touched by the fact that the world is an ugly place, unless one looks for God in the everyday, simple pleasures...... a child's laugh, a sun soaked earth, a smile on a old and worn face, relationships that bring peace and joy, and of course those items I mentioned above.   



May you find the joy in the simple things of your life.   God grant us eyes to see!!!!!


Until next time.....

Laurie


2 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Love this, Laurie...so glad you posted the link on FaceBook. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laurie, I can just hear your heart in the words you posted. How beautiful. I am so glad that you took the time out of what must be a very busy schedule to post this. This pics are lovely, too. Did you take them? Love you, my friend, Margie